Cat’s Paw is a unique international aerial dance meeting hosted by Emily Aoibheann (IR) and Ariadna Vendelova (SK) to create an opportunity for the interested aerialists to come together within a format of a meeting which is different from other festivals in that it is not intended for sharing and teaching movement techniques, tricks and skills, but rather focuses on the underlying creative methodologies, deeper processing, and finding one’s own voice and movement language by giving enough space and time for personal revelations.
The meeting includes discussions, nature time, silent solitary aerial practice, reflecting, aerial workshops, movement and creativity focused activities, good vegan food, beautiful accommodation and public open space sharing at the end.
Cat’s Paw is supported by Tabačka Kulturfabrik, Košice, Slovakia.
WHAT IS IT?
A meeting for Aerialists who
- are or feel isolated
- have an interest in critically engaging with their practice
- want to find new methodologies
- want to establish an intention for their creativity throughout the year
Ireland and Slovakia are both places that have no history in Aerial Dance. We are in a unique position to invent it afresh, from a personal and cultural point of view. But we are also without peers or support for this practice. The international element of this meeting is designed to provide support to each other and recognition of our work, through this physical meeting.
WHAT WILL WE DO?
- To use the time together to share methodologies
- To critically engage with our work
- To share experiences and thoughts regarding our current practice
- To give ourselves time to explore, create and set practice intentions going forward
- To create a manifesto for the coming year
- To present an open studio or public sharing of our processes or anything else we want to share
An initial two days spent in the wilds of Slovakia’s forests near Kojšov is planned for: dancing, fire building, long walks, writing, and discussions. The energy of the wild and inspired material will be brought to the studio for the remainder of the time, culminating in an open studio, public sharing of our discoveries in Košice.
We have hosted two editions of Cat's Paw Experimental Aerial Dance Meeting, in January 2019 and 2020. Due to the global lockdown and restrictions on travel, we will not host a meeting in 2021. To honour our annual gathering, Emily and Ariadna are currently organising some online talks due to take place in Spring 2021, more details to be announced.
To sign up for notifications, email firstname.lastname@example.org.